If your cat is at high risk for fleas, ticks, or chewing lice, Frontline Plus for Cats & Kittens is the best answer! When used monthly, Frontline Plus for Cats completely breaks the flea life cycle and controls tick and chewing lice infestations. Research demonstrates that Frontline for cats kills adult fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae for up to six weeks and ticks for up to 4 weeks. This fast acting flea treatment for cats is proven effective after bathing, because it is highly waterproof. For use with cats and kittens over 8 weeks of age. Follow instructions carefully and Frontline for cats will win the war on fleas!
Do I need a prescription to purchase this product? No.
What is the main flea killing ingredient (active ingredient)? Fipronil.
What are the flea sterilizing or additional ingredients? Methoprene (flea sterilizer).
Intended Use: Cats.
What is the youngest age I can use this on my pet? At least 8 weeks.
What is the weight requirements for use? None.
Can I use on my pregnant or lactating (nursing) pet? Yes.
Is this Waterproof or Water Resistant?: Waterproof. After application, pet should not swim or bathe for at least 24 hours.
How long until maximum effectiveness is reached? 24 hours to translocate; 4-18 hours to kill fleas; 24-48 hours to kill ticks.
What other parasites does this kill, control, or repel? Kills Lone Star Ticks, American Dog Ticks, Deer Ticks, Brown Dog Ticks, Western Blacklegged Ticks, and Lice.
How often should I apply or administer? Monthly.
How is it administered (Topically, orally, or other)? Topical. Pet should be completely dry before application.
Directions for Use:
- Kills fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, ticks and chewing lice
- Prevents re-infestation
- Completely breaks the flea life cycle
- Use as directed
To apply, simply follow these instructions–and repeat every 30 days:
1. Remove Applicator: Lift and remove the plastic tab to expose foil backing. Then peel away the foil. Or use scissors to open
2. Open Applicator: Hold upright with foil side toward you and snap applicator tip
3. Apply FRONTLINE Plus: Part your pet's hair between the shoulder blades. Place the applicator tip just above the skin and squeeze. Apply entire contents of the applicator in a single spot directly onto the animal's skin. Do not apply on top of the haircoat. Avoid contact with treated area until dry.Cautions and Possible Side Effects:
Some temporary irritation at the site of application can occur with any pesticide made for pets. Observe your pet following treatment and if signs persist or become more severe a few days after application, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Merial is a world-leading animal health company. Merial provides a comprehensive range of products to enhance the health, well-being and performance of a wide range of animals. We are a forward-looking company with a proven track record, producing pharmaceutical products and vaccines for livestock, pets and wildlife (including endangered species).
We are on the cutting edge of product development and innovation, providing millions of doses worldwide annually to keep livestock and pets healthy.