Great for everything from daily walks to hunting, the Hurtta Polar Dog Vest is a soft and warm tool to protect your dog while active. Close fitting and made of rustle-free Softshell fabric with a laminated water-resistant Houndtex® layer, this flexible vest will protect your dog's rib cage while keeping it dry. Around the neck, there is a tag with space for owner's telephone number and because of the Hurtta Polar Vest's inherent warmth, it is NOT recommended for summer use.
- Soft and warm
- High visibility
- Close fitting
- Protects and keeps rib cage dry
- Yields to dog's movement
- Made of rustle-free Softshell material
- Laminated water-resistant Houndtex® layer
- Ideal for sporting activities, hunting, and daily walks
- Tag around neck has space for owner's telephone number
- Not recommended to use during the summer
1. Back length is measured from the withers to the base of the tail while the dog stands in the normal position (not from the collar). When measuring the back length, be very careful as depending on the dog’s position, the dimensions may vary by several centimeters.
2. Neckline measurement is taken from the widest part of the dog’s neck, i.e. from the base of the neck.
3. Chest measurement is taken from the widest part of the dog’s chest behind the forelegs.
4. Waistline is taken from the narrowest section of the dog’s stomach in front of the hind legs. Always in front of the sex organs of a male dog, however. Together with the chest measurement, also the waist measurement can be several centimetres larger than the dog’s waist measurement.
5. Front leg inner length is measured from the bottom of the chest along the inside of the leg to the wrist bone. The length is correct when the front leg reaches the dog’s forearm.
6. Length of the hind leg is measured between the hind legs along the inside of the leg to the hock. The length is correct when the hind leg reaches the dog’s hock.
The Hurtta collection has been designed for the everyday life and all seasons of an active dog. Hurtta has over 10 years of experience in the development of functional clothing for dogs. This is evident not only in the durability of the garments, but also in their practicality and safety.
It is Hurtta’s objective to develop clothes for several different breeds and various uses. The guiding principle is that the technical features of a dog’s clothes should be at least as good as those of its owner’s outdoor clothing.
Before any Hurtta product is ready for launch, it has gone through hundreds of hours of testing and fitting by its designers.
The rough behavior that is characteristic of dogs is a challenge to the durability and functionality of materials and structures. In order to guarantee the high quality of its products, Hurtta commissions testing of the suitability of each and every material for dog clothing by a non-partial textile laboratory.
Hurtta’s popularity is based on decades of development, an uncompromising attitude and constant improvement. A thorough knowledge of the target group is the basis of all our operations.