Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Canine Renal Health Canned Food is for the Nutritional Management of Dogs with Kidney Disease. There are many causes for kidney disease (also called renal disease) resulting in a variety of uncomfortable and life threatening symptoms for your dog. Kidney disease can be either sudden (acute) or occur gradually (chronic). Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Canine Renal Health Canned Food is specially formulated by veterinarians to help manage dogs with kidney disease. Kidney disease may develop because of other diseases or changes in health, breed/hereditary tendencies and even nutritional factors. Signs of kidney disease don't usually appear until more than two-thirds of kidney function are lost. Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Canine Renal Health Canned Food is clinically proven to extend and improve quality of life in dogs with kidney disease.
A two-year clinical study of dogs with naturally occurring chronic renal failure compared the effects of feeding Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Canine Renal Health Canned Food versus a typical adult grocery food:
- Delayed onset of clinical signs by approximately 5 months
- Longer survival time dogs with chronic renal failure fed k/d Canine lived more than three times longerHill's Prescription Diet k/d Canine Renal Health Canned Food
- Improved Quality of Life - Dogs fed k/d Canine were 50% less likely to suffer clinical signs associated with renal failure
- Delayed Progression - Dogs fed k/d Canine saw a 72% reduction in the rate of disease progression
- Monitor the urine. Note: Urine pH of individual dogs may vary due to complicating factors such as time of feeding before urine collection, type of urine collection, individual animal variation, or test methodology
- Feeding k/d Canine to an animal with a uremic crisis can induce food aversion
- Caloric Content - 496 kcal/can
- Not recommended for growing puppies or pregnant or nursing dogs
- Also not recommended for patients with hyperlipidemia, pancreatitis, history of pancreatitis or at risk of pancreatitis
View all Hill's Prescription Diet Dog Food
Water, Corn Starch, Pork Liver, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, and citric acid), Sucrose, Flaxseed, Dried Egg White, Calcium Carbonate, Chicken Liver Flavor, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Caramel Color, Choline Chloride, L-Lysine, Vitamin E Supplement, Iodized Salt, Magnesium Oxide, Taurine, Dicalcium Phosphate, DL-Methionine, L-Tryptophan, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta -Carotene, Niacin, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.
Protein min 3.50%
Fat min 6.00%
Crude Fiber max 1.00%
Calcium min 0.15%
Phosphorus min 0.02%
Over 150 veterinarians, food scientists, technicians and ph.D. nutritionists at Hill's develop Prescription Diet brand pet food to meet the needs of your pet when it's well or when it's sick. Each ingredient is analyzed to ensure its safety when included in the food your pet eats. Every ingredient is inspected and only those ingredient suppliers whose facilities meet stringent raw material quality standards are approved by Hill's. You can be sure that when you get Hill's Prescription Diet you are receiving superior quality.
Hill's Prescription Diet provides solutions for your pet for a variety of diseases and conditions, including age related behavioral disorders, bladder health, all skin conditions, kidney problems, heart conditions, hypertension, digestive problems, limping or mobility issues, weight control and more.
Veterinarians receive an Authorization Fee for providing a valid prescription with each order placed for Hill’s® Prescription Diet® Pet Food.