Hill's Prescription Diet s/d Canine Dissolution Canned Food may be prescribed to dissolve struvite crystals in the urine.
Urinary tract disease in dogs is often caused by the formation of mineral-based crystals and stones in the urinary tract that can cause discomfort, bloody urine and even life-threatening obstruction. For dogs, struvite crystals generally cause urinary tract disease. Hill's Prescription Diet s/d Canine Dissolution Canned Food is formulated by veterinarians to help dissolve struvite crystals and stones in your dog. It has highly reduced levels of magnesium, phosphorus and protein, and also produces an acid urine pH, to aid in the management of struvite crystals and stones. The nutritional formulation of Hill's Prescription Diet s/d Canine Dissolution Canned Food may also be useful for pets with a variety of conditions.
- Protein, Phosphorus, and Magnesium aids in the dissolution of struvite uroliths and crystals
- Promotes an acid urine
- Lower protein level results in increased urine volume and more dilute urine, which further dilutes the concentration of struvite-forming constituents in the urine
- Antioxidants reduces free radical damage to counteract oxidative stress
- Target Urine pH-Acid (5.9-6.1) which increases the solubility of struvite crystals, aiding in dissolution
- Urine pH of individual dogs may vary due to complicating factors such as: time of feeding before urine collection, type of urine collection, individual animal variation, and test methodology
- Use only as directed by your veterinarian
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion
- Caloric Content - 507 kcal/ can
- Not recommended for growing puppies and pregnant or nursing dogs
- Not recommended for dogs who have undergone surgery within 2 weeks, dogs concurrently receiving urinary acidifiers, dogs with non-struvite crystalluria or uroliths, or dogs with heart failure, hypertension, renal or liver disease
- Not intended to be fed longer than 6 months
View all Hill's Prescription Diet Dog Food
Water, Corn Starch, Egg Product, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, and citric acid), Pork Liver, Sucrose, Powdered Cellulose, Iodized Salt, Soybean Oil, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Calcium Carbonate, DL-Methionine, Taurine, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta-Carotene, Manganous Oxide, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Folic acid, Sodium Selenite.
Protein min 2.00%
Fat min 6.00%
Crude Fiber max 1.00%
Calcium min 0.04%
Phosphorus min 0.02%
Over 150 veterinarians, food scientists, technicians and ph.D. nutritionists at Hill's develop Prescription Diet brand pet food to meet the needs of your pet when it's well or when it's sick. Each ingredient is analyzed to ensure its safety when included in the food your pet eats. Every ingredient is inspected and only those ingredient suppliers whose facilities meet stringent raw material quality standards are approved by Hill's. You can be sure that when you get Hill's Prescription Diet you are receiving superior quality.
Hill's Prescription Diets provides solutions for your pet for a variety of diseases and conditions, including age related behavioral disorders, bladder health, all skin conditions, kidney problems, heart conditions, hypertension, digestive problems, limping or mobility issues, weight control and more.
Veterinarians receive an Authorization Fee for providing a valid prescription with each order placed for Hill’s® Prescription Diet® Pet Food.