Hill's Prescription Diet u/d Canine Non-Struvite Urinary Tract Health Canned Food has been formulated for the Nutritional Management of Dogs with Calcium oxalate, urate and other cystine urolithiasis. It also may be prescribed for dogs in advanced failure.
Urolithiasis is marked by a variety of symptoms for your dog that often include straining to urinate, frequent urination, blood in the urine and a painful abdomen. This condition, which consists of mineral stones forming in the urinary tract, is often initially treated with surgery and then followed with proper nutrition to help prevent recurrence of the stones. Hill's Prescription Diet u/d Canine Non-Struvite Urinary Tract Health Canned Food was developed to aid in the management of dogs with the problems associated with urolithiasis, specifically calcium oxalate, urate and cystine urolithiasis. Hill's Prescription Diet u/d Canine Non-Struvite Urinary Tract Health Canned Food can also be used in dogs with advanced stages of renal disease because of its low mineral levels and formulation.
- Low levels or protein and calcium
- Reduced amounts of phosphorus and sodium
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Soluble Dietary Fiber
- Antioxidants reduces free radical damage to counteract oxidative stress
- Target Urine pH-Alkaline (7.1 - 7.7)
- Urine pH of individual dogs may vary due to complicating factors such as time of feeding before urine collection, type of urine collection, individual animal variation, and test methodology
- Daily Feeding Guide for Hill's Prescription Diet u/d Canine Canned Food: Use only as directed by your veterinarian. Cover and refrigerate unused portion
- Caloric Content - 489 kcal/ can
- Not recommended for growing puppies or pregnant or nursing dogs
- Not recommended for patients with struvite urolithiasis, hyperlipidemia pancreatitis, hyperalbuminemia, history of pancreatitis or at risk of pancreatitis
View all Hill's Prescription Diet Dog Food
Water, Egg Product, Corn Starch, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Pork Liver, Sucrose, Rice, Soybean Oil, Powdered Cellulose, Soy Fiber, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, Dicalcium Phosphate, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Lysine, L-Tryptophan, L-Carnitine, Ferrous Sulfate, Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Beta-Carotene, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.
Protein min 2.00%
Fat min 5.00%
Crude Fiber max 1.00%
Calcium min 0.04%
Phosphorus min 0.02%
Taurine min 0.05%
Over 150 veterinarians, food scientists, technicians and ph.D. nutritionists at Hill's develop Prescription Diet brand pet food to meet the needs of your pet when it's well or when it's sick. Each ingredient is analyzed to ensure its safety when included in the food your pet eats. Every ingredient is inspected and only those ingredient suppliers whose facilities meet stringent raw material quality standards are approved by Hill's. You can be sure that when you get Hill's Prescription Diet you are receiving superior quality.
Hill's Prescription Diets provides solutions for your pet for a variety of diseases and conditions, including age related behavioral disorders, bladder health, all skin conditions, kidney problems, heart conditions, hypertension, digestive problems, limping or mobility issues, weight control and more.
Veterinarians receive an Authorization Fee for providing a valid prescription with each order placed for Hill’s® Prescription Diet® Pet Food.