What is the iPet Control Solution?
an aqueous glucose solution with small amounts of non-reactive ingredients and food coloring. It is used to verify the accuracy of the iPet Glucose Monitoring System. Keep the iPet Glucose Meter running correctly so that you can obtain reliable glucose readings in your diabetic pet.What are the benefits of iPet Control Solution?
- Easy to use.
- Helps make sure accurate blood glucose(sugar) readings are obtained.
- Compatible with the iPet Glucose Meter and iPet Test Strips.
Dogs and cats.How does this product work?
Use the iPet Control Solution to perform a test when the iPet Blood Glucose Monitoring system is being used for the first time or when you are using a new batch of test strips. You can also perform a control solution test anytime you question the accuracy of blood glucose (sugar) results you obtain.
Use the iPet Control Solution by following these directions:
1. Solution should be at room temperature prior to use. Refer to your user manual for more information.
2. The iPet Glucose Meter should be in the Control "ctl" mode prior to testing. This prevents the results from being stored in the memory so that they will not be incorporated into the average.
3. Insert a Test Strip with the Contact Bar's end first and insert it into the test port. The Meter will automatically turn on. You should hear a beeping sound. A code number will then appear followed by a flashing symbol. Double check to make sure that the code number on the display matches the code number on the test strip vial.
4. After the flashing symbol appears, press and hold the M button until the "ctl" symbol appears. The "ctl" symbol indicates that the Meter will mark your next test as a Control Solution test. Now you are ready to apply the Control Solution.
5. Remove the cap and wipe the tip of the control bottle with a clean cloth. Throw away the first drop of solution to ensure accurate results.
6. Squeeze a small drop of Control Solution on a clean nonabsorbent surface (ex. wax paper). Apply the Control Solution making contact with the test well area of the test strip. The solution should be held in place for 3 seconds after the meter beeps. You should notice a count down from 8 to 1 and then a reading should appear.
7. Compare the results with the Control Solution range printed on the Test Strip vial. The results should fall within the specified range listed on the test strip if the meter is calibrated correctly.Uses:
iPet Control Solution is used in conjunction with the iPet Glucose Monitoring kit. It is used to verify the accuracy of the iPet Glucose Meter and iPet Glucose Test Strips. Control solution should be used when you are using the iPet Blood Glucose Monitoring Kit for the first time. It should also be used when you are using a new batch of test strips, anytime you question the performance of the meter of strips, or when your pets glucose (sugar) reading is higher or lower than what you expect it to be.Precautions:
Only use the iPet Control Solution should with the iPet Glucose Monitoring System. Only use for monitoring blood sugar (glucose) levels in diabetic dogs and cats and do not use in humans. Using the iPet Glucose Monitoring System including control solution is a way to monitor your pets blood sugar (glucose) from home but is not a substitute for regular veterinary care and monitoring. Results falling out of the desired range can be due to an error in performing the test, expired or contaminated control solution/test strips, improper coding of the meter, or meter malfunction. Check with manufacturer if this occurs and you cannot resolve the problem on your own.Storage:
Store at 39-86 degrees F (4-30 degrees C) away from children and pets. Should be at precise room temperature immediately prior to use.